What could be better than barbecue chicken sandwiches? This version is so easy, you will want to make it every week.
- 1 (16.3 oz) pkg biscuit dough
- 2 lbs skinless boneless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup Nature's Promise Organic honey barbecue sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 green onions
- 1 (16 oz) container prepared coleslaw
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Bake the biscuits according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken into 2-inch chunks. In a medium pot, combine chicken and enough water just to cover. Season with salt (in moderation). Heat to a boil on high. Reduce heat to a simmer. Cook 8–10 min., until chicken is cooked. Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl and shred. Toss chicken with barbecue sauce.
- Halve the biscuits and divide chicken and cheese among biscuit bottoms. Thinly slice green onions and toss with coleslaw. Divide coleslaw among biscuits and top with remaining biscuit halves.
- Preheat oven. Bake biscuits according to package directions.
- In pot, simmer chicken in water 8 min., until cooked.
- Thinly slice green onions and toss with coleslaw. Shred chicken and toss with barbecue sauce.
- Halve biscuits and top with chicken and Cheddar.
- Cool, wrap individually, and freeze. Refrigerate coleslaw.
- Place biscuits in refrigerator to thaw.
- Microwave biscuits and chicken 2 min., until hot.
- Divide coleslaw among biscuits and top with remaining biscuit halves.
- Savory Sunday
- S7 2017
- Calories 526kcal 26%
- Fat 27.6g 42%
- Saturated fat 6.7g 33%
- Carbs 36.3g 12%
- Sodium 839mg 35%
- 12.6g sugar
- 1.9g fiber
- 32.3g protein
- 93mg cholesterol