Vegetarians and meat-lovers will both enjoy this light, refreshing salad ideal for those hot summer nights.
- 1 (14 oz) container Nature's Promise Organic Extra-Firm Tofu
- ½ cup sesame ginger dressing
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 (12 oz) pkg yellow and green squash noodles
- ½ cup roasted, unsalted almonds
- Drain the tofu and cut into ¼-inch-thick slices. Arrange on paper towels and cover with more paper towels, pressing to blot excess liquid. Place tofu in a shallow dish.
- In a small bowl, mix the ginger dressing and soy sauce. Pour half of dressing mixture over tofu, turning tofu slices to coat. Let stand 15 min., turning tofu halfway through.
- Meanwhile, set grill to medium-high. Into a large bowl, coarsely grate the carrots. Add reserved dressing mixture, along with squash noodles. Toss to combine. Roughly chop the almonds.
- Place tofu on grill, reserving marinade in dish. Cook 10 min., turning over once, brushing occasionally with marinade in dish. Serve tofu over squash noodle salad. Garnish with almonds.
To ensure the tofu doesn’t stick to your grill, give the grates a good scrub after you’ve heated them up and brush with a bit of vegetable oil before putting the tofu down.
- 3 for $10
- S6 2018
- Calories 323kcal 16%
- Fat 22.0g 34%
- Saturated fat 2.9g 14%
- Carbs 18.9g 6%
- Sodium 385mg 16%
- 10.3g sugar
- 4.9g fiber
- 15.1g protein
- 0mg cholesterol
What is Guiding Stars?