This soup harnesses all the flavors of the original dish, while trimming the calories and tasting just as indulgent.
- cooking spray
- 4 buttermilk biscuits (from a tube)
- 1 lb asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ (10 oz) pkg matchstick carrots
- 1 (16 oz) pkg frozen petite peas and sweetcorn
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 cups Nature's Promise Organic Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- 4 cups shredded chicken breast
- ¾ tsp dried thyme
- ½ tsp dried rosemary
- ½ cup fat-free half & half
- Preheat oven to 400℉. Coat a nonstick baking sheet with cooking spray and add biscuits. Cook 10–12 min., until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, trim asparagus and cut into 1-inch lengths. In a Dutch oven, heat oil on medium-high. Add asparagus, carrots, and peas and corn. Cook 1 min. Stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Cook 1 min., stirring. Slowly whisk in chicken broth.
- Add chicken, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil on high and reduce to simmer 10 min. Stir half & half. Ladle soup into bowls and serve with biscuits.
- S4 Savory Sunday
- Calories 591kcal 30%
- Fat 21.7g 33%
- Saturated fat 4.1g 21%
- Carbs 56.6g 19%
- Sodium 135mg 6%
- 10.3g sugar
- 8.0g fiber
- 44.6g protein
- 78mg cholesterol