No oven necessary for this pie that features brown sugar–caramelized bananas, a light-as-air creamy filling, and crunchy coconut flakes.
- 2 cups sweetened flake coconut
- 3 bananas
- 3 tbsp butter
- 3 tbsp packed dark brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 (8 oz) block reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- ½ (15 oz) can sweetened cream of coconut
- 2 tsp coconut extract
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 (9-inch) prepared graham cracker crust
- In a 12-inch nonstick skillet, toast the coconut on medium 3–5 min., until golden brown, stirring often. Transfer to a bowl.
- Slice the bananas. In same skillet, melt the butter on medium. Add the brown sugar and salt. Cook 1–2 min., until sugar melts, stirring often. Add the bananas and cook 1–2 min., until bananas are well coated, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool.
- With a hand mixer or stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, cream of coconut, and coconut extract until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping and half of toasted coconut.
- Spoon bananas into the cracker crust. Spread cream cheese mixture on top. Cover and refrigerate at least 4 hours. To serve, sprinkle with remaining toasted coconut.
- S4 2019
- Calories 482kcal 24%
- Fat 27.6g 43%
- Saturated fat 18.2g 91%
- Carbs 55.1g 18%
- Sodium 326mg 14%
- 37.3g sugar
- 3.3g fiber
- 5.1g protein
- 38mg cholesterol