Top premade cookie dough with a jammy, homemade filling for this easy, breezy dessert that tastes like spring.
- cooking spray
- 1 (16.5 oz) tube sugar cookie dough, divided
- 2 large stalks rhubarb (about 8 oz total)
- 3 tbsp sugar
- pinch salt
- ½ (6 oz) container raspberries
- 1 small lemon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a 9-inch square baking pan with parchment paper, making sure there is overhang on two sides. Lightly coat parchment with cooking spray.
- Cut off ¼ of tube of sugar cookie dough and set aside. Press remaining dough into pan in an even layer. Bake 20–25 min., until golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack.
- Meanwhile, place reserved dough, uncovered, in freezer 25 min. Chop the rhubarb and add to a small saucepan along with the sugar, salt, and 2 tbsp water. Cook 6–8 min. on medium, until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the raspberries and cook another 2–3 min., until raspberries and rhubarb break down, stirring often and lightly mashing berries. Cool completely, then grate half the zest from the lemon into rhubarb mixture and squeeze in 2 tsp juice. Stir to combine, then spread over cooled crust.
- Crumble bits of partially frozen dough over filling. Bake another 22–28 min., until top and edges are golden brown. Cool completely on wire rack. Using parchment, lift bars out of baking pan. Cut into 12 pieces.
- S4 2019
- Calories 189kcal 9%
- Fat 7.7g 12%
- Saturated fat 2.1g 11%
- Carbs 28.5g 10%
- Sodium 126mg 5%
- 17.9g sugar
- 1.0g fiber
- 1.8g protein
- 4mg cholesterol